- Studio Gobo Limited
- Brighton & Hove
- Design / Creative, Games
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award winning environment to work in!
Studio Gobo is looking for a talented Technical Artist to join the team on an unannounced AAA character-action console game. Reporting to the Lead Technical Artist, they will be a direct line of technical art support for the project's content creation team. The TA is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. The TA will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting edge visuals.
- Be the communication conduit between programming and art disciplines
- You enforce asset organisation and standardization
- Provide technical art tool support to increase the teams effeciency
- You help achieve the artistic vision within performance limitations
- Advise the art team on technical issues as they arise
- Collaborate and share knowledge on latest advancements with other technical experts within the company
- Participates in setting vision and collaborate with engineers to develop cutting edge tools and technologies
- Communicative, well organized, pro-active and eager to learn
- You have experience writing tools using Python, C#, MAXScript, MEL, Houdini, or C++
- Broad understanding of rendering pipeline including PBR, materials, lighting, occlusion culling, post-effect, ...
- You have experience working with version control systems like Perforce or Git
- Deep knowledge of one or more digital content creation packages (Blender, Houdini, Maya, 3DSMax, Motionbuilder, Modo, ZBrush, ...) and open to learn new ones when required
- Expert knowledge using one or more game engines (UE4, Unity, Lumberyard, proprietary, ...)
- Genuine interest in games and upcoming advancements
Nice to have:
- You've shipped a AAA title for desktop, console or mobile
- Tool development experience in UE4 (Python / C++), Blender, Maya, Houdini, ...
- Procedural workflows in Houdini and experience using Houdini Plug-in
- Experience with mesh destruction pipelines (chaos, houdini, ...)
- Understanding of C++, graphics API (DX12, Vulkan, ...), ...
- Experience working with source control APIs (perforce, git, ...)
- Deep rigging, skinning and animation knowledge
- Experience with data visualization (Excel, Plotly, Dash, Tableau, ...)
- Machine learning experience
- HDR rendering knowledge
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world-famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference to our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.