- Electric Square
- Brighton & Hove
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR, Games
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are key to our games and making an amazing experience for our players. The past year has seen our first full releases in Hot Wheels id and Forza Street, with other exciting top secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Together with 4 studios, 150 people, 5 projects (and our studio dogs!) we can offer world class projects with unique studio culture to make staff feel empowered and inspired, which is why Electric Square has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor.
Electric Square is looking for an ambitious, self-driven individual who is motivated by seeking new and creative ways to grow our games’ communities via social media and in game outlets. You will be the brand’s voice for a world class franchise, planning, creating and maintaining content for all media on our highly anticipated title.
- Lead social media manager for an upcoming racing game.
- Working alongside and liaising with high-profile clients in delivering social and in-game campaigns.
- Managing client approval systems and maintaining relationships with partners.
- Working closely with the game teams providing a clear path of communication between the games, community team and their players.
- Communicating and collaborating with content creators and influencers providing them with essentials to create content that effectively communicates their brand.
- Developing and expanding on old and new communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out and execute social media plans.
- Supporting the content marketing team in being a voice on social media, primarily via written content, but also video and livestreams when necessary.
- Working alongside in-house team, creating frequent content relevant to trends, news, celebrations, events and more.
- Advocating on behalf of the players by communicating any issues and ideas to the development team.
- Maintaining a healthy cadence on their social pages by being reactive to any negative situations and handling them with proper correspondence from the team.
- Organising and maintaining localisation process for social and newsfeeds.
- Writing weekly/monthly newsletters for our players.
- Weekly Social Media reporting with a focus on metrics, engagement and actions.
- Previous experience in a Community or Social Media Manager position is essential.
- Experience working within the games industry would be preferred.
- Previous experience engaging with users on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitch
- Self-driven individual that is proficient in time management, can easily articulate and execute goals
- Existing knowledge of top industry streamers and influencers
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability of being concise and still driving the highest and cleanest quality of messaging
- Passion for gaming would be beneficial.
- Knowledge about how games are made and the people who make them
- Passion for social media and knows how to spearhead viral/trending content
- Knowledge and/or an interest in cars a bonus!
- Be able to demonstrate an ‘out of the box’ thought process, able to keep content and community engagement fresh
- YouTube experience a bonus but not essential
When you join Electric Square you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
• Generous Team Project Bonuses
• Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
• Annual Cost-of-Living Pay Rise
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice bike purchase scheme with tax savings through Cycle Scheme.
• Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
• Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha!
• Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
• Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
• Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
• Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
• Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, SIGGRAPH, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
• Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
• Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
• Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
• Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
• Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
• Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
• Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
• Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
• Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.