We are looking for a proactive and hands on Head of Search to fill the shoes of our current head, who is moving on after a decade with Fresh Egg. You will work closely with our commercial team in a pre-sales capacity and will also be expected to actively deliver on client projects, as and when required.
As Head of Search at Fresh Egg you are responsible for leading the strategic direction of the search offering at Fresh Egg, developing the services as the industry matures and grows and driving a testing culture keeping the agency relevant within the industry. You will collaborate with other discipline heads ensuring that integrated solutions are offered to our clients.
You will oversee a highly skilled and experienced team with specialisms in SEO, paid, content and social, supporting them in their client strategies, delivery of quality activity and achievement of results against objectives. You continually evaluate processes to improve team efficiency.
You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities for growth and improvement, helping to drive pipeline and resourcing accordingly whilst making sure that the team is consistently utilised and increasing search related work for the agency. To help this you will raise awareness of the Fresh Egg search team within the industry and drive awareness of agency expertise.
Fresh Egg is among the leading digital marketing agencies in the UK. Our mission is to uncover customer challenges and transform them into digital success. We don’t employ cogs to fit into a machine, we employ exceptional individuals who can help us move into exciting new territories.
Skills, knowledge and experience…
- Significant leadership, management and strategic consulting abilities gained from working across different clients, brands and projects
- First class SEO knowledge with at least two years experience in delivering successful SEO campaigns within a senior level role
- Experience delivering paid search campaigns
- Experience of working in a fast-moving agency environment
- Able to clearly demonstrate value to clients
- Proven ability to win and develop new business as part of a pitching team
- Understanding of business finances and commercial acumen
- A strong analytical and quantitative mindset with the ability to work within key industry tools to deliver insight and create strategy
- You’ll be a strategic thinker, natural problem solver with experience of helping a business to broaden and diversify their search offering
- Strong interpersonal skills; numerate and literate with excellent communication skills
- Experience of a coaching style of management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task
- The gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
Behaviours are in line with our values
If you’re going to go the extra mile, you may as well make the journey easy. We’re efficient, responsive and reliable. We help our clients by thinking about things they haven’t thought about. Whenever they need us, we’re there.
We delve, burrow, and probe until every ounce of insight has been extracted. Then we think, explore and innovate until we’ve found the best ways to use it.
The truth only hurts if it’s something nobody wants to hear. We don’t spin yarns, we don’t bend the truth and we don’t string anyone along.
Having 20 years’ experience doesn’t mean we sit back and enjoy the view.
Our people push the boundaries so we can always find new ways to engage customers and drive results.
We always keep one eye on the road ahead and one eye looking over our shoulder.
What we’ll give you in return…
The most brilliant part of Fresh Egg is it’s people – you’ll see what we mean as soon as you arrive. People to learn from, caring people and people full of ideas (not to mention they can bake a mean cake). Because of this, it’s really important that everyone is taken care of and we’re all rewarded with, amongst other things:
- 3pm finish on Fridays
- Full transparency around the fundamentals of the business
- A structured training program built around personal development plans and skills gaps
- Regular social events to suit everyone – quiz nights, escape games, barbecues and our infamous Christmas party
- Work place flexibility – we entrust our line managers with the flexibility to work with you on what you need in order to get the best job done
- Wellbeing support –financial wellness sessions, a wellness guide, employee savings and cyclesheme access as well as activities and an in office gym
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- A structured induction program giving you the change to learn about the different functions across Fresh Egg
- See our full benefits on our website.
To apply please send your CV with the answers to the below to email@example.com.
- Please describe your search experience and any specific knowledge you have of different digital marketing channels and disciplines.
- Please also provide your salary expectations.