Senior Front End Developer
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating, friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be it!
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer here at INSHUR, based in our usual location, the beautiful Brighton office (sea, chips and seagulls included), and currently remote, but you’ll be working on a platform which covers all territories including the UK, New York and new European countries as we expand.
Reporting directly to the Head of Platform, you'll be joining a friendly global team of 60+ people, based in both Brighton and NYC, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Autonomy to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- Delivering great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
You’ll be joining a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility working closely with globally recognised partners and driving forward our mission to change the way drivers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive.
What you'll do
As our Senior Front End Developer you will be responsible for writing full stack scalable apps whilst understanding the software development lifecycle and working in an agile scrum team.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Had plenty of experience in Node JS, React, GraphQL, HTML, CSS, Flutter (nice to have)
- You know how to get your code to production, and the pitfalls you might encounter along the way
- You can help with high quality API design and you know your why gzip compression might be useful or a hindrance
- You talk in terms of Cache-Control and Content-Security-Policy headers
- You understand what good UX looks like and can push back on requirements if you think there is a better way
- Understand that good communication and collaboration is needed to succeed
- Are passionate about technology, are pragmatic, and love searching for the best way to solve complex problems.
- Helped developed the whole software development cycle
- Understand the value of working in scrum teams
Your colleagues say you:
- Are someone who’s able to prioritise tasks well
- Shaved 400ms off the page render time by optimising your code
- Actively participate in sprint retrospectives and care about making things better
- Are a collaborative team player
- Are always supportive and helpful
We are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape.
Our product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. We have offices in NYC and Brighton, and plans to expand to new territories in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business at the forefront of urban mobility, working closely with globally recognised partners, in a well-funded business.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive. We pay a competitive salary which we’ll review on an annual basis and we offer all our employees stock options. We’ve also built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- Monthly wellbeing allowance
- Annual training allowance
- Choice of laptop, monitor and top of the range kit
- And much more…
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s going to conferences, or upskilling with a training course.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is dog, child and wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required.