Core Tech Engineer - New IP
The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is a great opportunity for a talented programmer to join our console development team making cutting edge technology at our games studio based in Horsham, West Sussex. As a Core Tech Engineer on the project, your goal is to create the underlying systems that are the foundation of the game engine. Performant, elegant systems are what motivates you.
In the role of Core Tech Engineer, you will provide engine systems that are used by the entire development team. The systems you create will be robust, easy to use and performant across all platforms. You will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable working across all disciplines on the project. You will be collaborating with the team; working to architect, maintain and support the systems that are at the heart of the next generation of gaming tech.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Experience of Unreal 4 development
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- A passion for games
- A good knowledge of the latest innovations in C++
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering
- Experience with parallel programming
- Detailed understanding of Xbox and PS4 architectures
- Experience of delivery of a Game As A Service
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.