Totara is looking for a creative and prolific Content Writer to join our Marketing team. Based at our Brighton, UK office, the role will work closely with our Creative Marketing Manager to develop our social media presence, website and newsletter content.
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, confident in their abilities and possess a growth mindset. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is taking a leading role in the learning technology sector worldwide. Communicating our message loudly and widely is critical to our success.
- Writing SEO-friendly website copy to maximize organic reach and keyword rankings
- Work with marketing team, and directly with the Creative Marketing Manager, to research content themes with an eye towards optimizing/maximizing Totara’s organic search presence
- Conduct simple keyword/SEO research, perform content analysis of targeted keywords, then suggest topics/articles to the Creative Marketing Manager
- Conduct competitor content analysis to identify gaps in Totara’s content coverage and areas of opportunity
- Writing blog posts to promote existing resources and talk about topical events
- Writing press releases and editorial articles for industry publications and websites
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with PR and editorial contacts
- Planning infographics and short marketing resources
- Source images, charts, graphics for content and provide design guidance to Totara’s in-house visual design team
- Proofreading and editing copy
- Scheduling and posting social media posts
- Managing the monthly email newsletter
- Creating email campaigns in Hubspot
Skills and educational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or a related field
- Required: At least 2 years experience in content writing and a good understanding of SEO principles
- Desirable: At least 1 year of experience using tools such as HubSpot, SEMrush, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn within a professional environment, as well as project management tools such as Jira, Trello and content management systems like Drupal and/or Wordpress
- Track record of success in a communications, marketing and content writing role with a strong preference for candidates with prior writing experience in enterprise B2B software companies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-directing and creative in representing the Totara brand across all media channels
- Team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent grasp of US and UK English
- Has a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in digital marketing with an orientation for learning and continuous improvement
- Has a portfolio of published articles/content available for review
- Willing to submit content to Totara as part of a writing exercise for the recruitment of this role.
This is a full-time role located in our office in Brighton, United Kingdom. No agencies please.