UX Researcher (18 Month FTC)
Do you have UX research experience; analysing research outputs, user testing, ethnographic studies, interviews, workshops and usability testing?
Would like to join a team working on the build of a new online-learning platform?
Who We Are:
Emerald Works is a leading e-learning solutions provider for individuals and corporate clients. Our mission is to be the favourite place to learn leadership and personal excellence skills. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help people get their job done more effectively.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
In the 18 month Fixed Term Contract, you’ll join a cross-disciplinary team including UX/UI designer, developers, testers, content editor, graphic designer, product owner, system architect and an Agile lead. You’ll regularly meet with business stakeholders to plan and share progress. You’ll work closely with clients and end-users throughout the project.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll be working on a project to build Emerald Works’ latest online-learning platform. In the Alpha phase of the project you’ll create wireframes, prototypes and conduct user testing and UX research. You’ll be involved in the design the platform’s information architecture. In the Beta phase you’ll continue with UX research and work closely with clients and end-users to iterate improvements to the platform design. This includes:
- Take a user-centred approach to your work
- Create wireframes and prototypes for the platform
- Design the information architecture of the platform
- Plan and carry out UX research
- Share your research findings and use evidence from them to develop and iterate product designs
- Regularly attend and contribute to stand-ups, retrospectives and other team meetings
- Take a key role in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary team.
Your success will be measured by:
- Carrying out quality UX research and using the evidence from it to inform design decisions
- Documenting your UX research, writing up the findings and producing reports
- Design of the information architecture for the platform
- Delivery (in conjunction with a UX/UI designer) by the end of the Alpha phase, of wireframes and prototypes for the final design of the platform
- Demonstrating your use of evidence from user testing and UX research to make and validate design choices.
Who We’re looking For:
- Experienced UX researcher
- Experience of planning, running and investigating the outputs from UX research including user testing, ethnographic studies, interviews, workshops and usability testing
- Information architecture
- Usability and accessibility standards
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure or similar
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience of working on both B2B and B2C
- Experience of working in an agile environment
We’d also like to see:
- Passionate about user-centred design
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Inspires others
- Value other people’s expertise and talent
**Please apply ASAP as interview may commence before the closing date**
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.