UX / UI Designer (18 Month FTC)
Are you a UX / UI Designer, with interaction design, wireframing, prototyping and UX research skills?
Would like to join a team working on the build of a new online-learning platform?
Who We Are:
Emerald Works is a leading e-learning solutions provider for individuals and corporate clients. Our mission is to be the favourite place to learn leadership and personal excellence skills. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help people get their job done more effectively.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
In this 18 Month Fix Term Contract, you’ll join a cross-disciplinary team including UX researcher, developers, testers, a content editor, graphic designer, product owner, system architect and an Agile lead. You’ll regularly meet with business stakeholders to plan and share progress. You’ll work closely with clients and end-users at all times.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll be working on a project to build Emerald Works’ latest online-learning platform. You’ll bring your expertise in UX and a focus on interface design to the team. In the Alpha phase of the project you’ll create wireframes, prototypes and conduct user-testing and research. In the Beta phase you’ll work with the team to build the platform and create and maintain a design system to support it. This includes:
- Take a user-centred approach to your work
- Create wireframes and prototypes for the platform
- Create UI and interaction designs
- Develop a design system and pattern library to support the platform
- Plan and carry out UX research
- Share your research findings and use evidence to develop and iterate product designs
- Regularly attend and contribute to stand-ups, retrospectives and other team meetings
- Take an active role in a collaborative, crossdisciplinary team.
Your success will be measured by:
- Delivery (in conjunction with a UX Researcher) by the end of the Alpha phase, of wireframes and prototypes for the final design of the platform
- Delivery by the end of the Beta phase, of a complete UI design for the platform
- The creation and implementation of a design
- system for the platform, by the end of the Beta phase
- Demonstrating your use of evidence from user testing and UX research to make and validate design choices.
Who We’re looking For:
- User interface (UI) design
- Interaction design
- Wireframing and prototyping
- UX research
- Usability and accessibility standards
- Experience of the React Framework or similar
- Experience of Google’s Material Design
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure or similar
- Experience with source control systems e.g. Git
- Experience of working on both B2B and B2C products
- Experience of working in an agile environment
We’d also like to see:
- Passionate about user-centred design
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Inspires others
- Value other people’s expertise and talent
**Please apply ASAP as interview may commence before the closing date**
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.