Do you have experience in defining and facilitating the delivery of a Product Roadmap?
Would you like to take a senior role in a product team working to build a new online-learning platform?
Who Are Emerald Works:
Emerald Works is a leading e-learning solutions provider for individuals and corporate clients. Our mission is to be the favourite place to learn leadership and personal excellence skills. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help people get their job done more effectively.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
In this exciting new fixed term contract role, you’ll join Emerald Works and drive the delivery of a new learning platform with both B2C and B2B offerings to meet the needs of a diverse user base and the strategic needs of internal and external clients.
This role will work closely with distributed teams across the business, from Engineering, QA and UX through to Marketing, Finance and Sales. We maximise collaborative tools like Slack, Jira and Confluence to ensure contact is valuable and regular.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define and facilitate the delivery of a Product Roadmap for a new product and its associated administrative tools, delivering new and/or enhanced features/functionality
- Shape customer needs into well-defined product requirements in collaboration with engineering and UX colleagues
- Facilitate a continuous improvement cycle for all product enhancements, based on customer insight, analytics, and user testing
- Continuously re-examine and optimise our internal processes
- Input into testing requirements to ensure product quality and consistency
- Negotiate priorities and resources with the rest of the business in order to:
- Deliver releases to a high standard, on schedule
- Align resources
- Gain the input of product stakeholders
- Provide credible, marketable stories for marketing, sales and client success to take to the market; including what we did, why we did it, how we did it, how we validated it and what the result was
What Success Looks Like:
- Having a transparent and robust prioritisation process
- Ensuring the progress of each release on the product roadmap is communicated clearly to all relevant stakeholders on a regular basis
- Effectively working across the business to translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Delivering releases to a high standard, on schedule
- Effective stakeholder management
- High levels of defining user problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Effectively scoping and prioritising activities based on business and customer impact
Who We’re looking For:
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance and prioritise competing demands
- The ability to work across different teams, encourage collaboration and keep communication open between them
- Influencing and negotiation skills at a senior level to ensure that business priorities are given the time and attention they need
- Enough technical knowledge to understand the relevant trade-offs between competing technical options
- A strategic mindset to allow you to balance the short and longer-term needs of the product and company
- The ability to provide leadership in a situation where there is not much formal, hierarchical authority
- The desire and ability to interact and empathise with clients and end users
- It may also be useful to have:
- Knowledge of relevant products and software/web development trends in order to influence decision making
- An understanding of search engine and conversion rate optimisation
We’d also like to see:
- Friendly, welcoming and helpful disposition
- Awareness of sensitivities faced within a People role
- Openness to feedback and new ways of working
**Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date**
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.