Join our IT Core Services team supporting and enhancing the University’s enterprise IT systems and infrastructure and get involved in a wide-range of development and operational activities, contributing towards the administration and management of the virtual and physical servers, systems and software that form the critical core services.
This role involves primary responsibility for the practical, routine and technical tasks associated with the day-to-day operations of the enterprise-level IT data centres and the wide-ranging critical services delivered from them. Acting as a third-line contact and subject matter expert for new server and storage service requests and incident reporting, supporting a community of over 20,000 students and 2,600 staff based on campuses in Brighton and Eastbourne.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with IT support experience looking to develop their server, systems and storage area of expertise, with good documentation and communication skills.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- A degree in a relevant discipline or demonstrable practical experience in a server and storage systems support role
- A broad range of technical skills across Operating Systems (Microsoft Server and Linux based)
- Storage Technologies (SAN, Fibre Channel Zoning, RAID, Software defined storage etc.)
- Networking and Network protocols (such as TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Backup and Recovery products and concepts.
- Experience in PowerCLI, PowerShell and bash scripting would be an advantage.
You should also be proficient within the virtualisation arena specialising in VMware vSphere and the VMware suite. Experience in enterprise data centre operations, including power and cooling and operational monitoring tools would also be an advantage.
Not only is this an excellent career development opportunity, the University offers excellent rewards including a final salary pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and personal development as well as sports facilities and activities.
Interviews are expected to be conducted in Q3 2020.
We are recruiting for 2 full-time, permanent positions. Job sharers are welcome to apply.