Unannounced Game - Senior Gameplay Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our new studio Red Beard Games in Brighton, UK.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins and Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Gameplay Programmers do:
- Design and architect new game enhancements and defects fixes using Unreal Engine 4.
- Design and architect other client or server systems as required.
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
Who we are looking for:
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- 5+ years of software programming professional experience.
- 2+ years of UE4 game programming professional experience
- Background in math including Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
Even better candidates:
- Experience programming AI in UE4.
- Familiar with UMG, class structure of Unreal and the 'Unreal way' of developing games.
- Experience developing online multiplayer games.
- Experience with mobile.
- Experience with animation subsystems.
- Knowledge of source control.
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms.
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.