MPB is transforming the way that photographers and videographers buy, sell and trade their kit. Since our Series A venture funding in mid 2016, we have expanded rapidly and built a transformative platform for the photography & videography industry, unlocking supply and facilitating unrivalled access to kit for creatives and photography enthusiasts across the globe.
Our platform is now available in the US, UK, Germany and France and we have a global team of 120 people working on our mission to become the leading company in our industry. We invite you to apply to be part of this mission and join our energetic company, where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Scrum Master to join us!
As our Scrum Master, you will be working from our friendly head office in Ship Street, Brighton with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals, reporting directly to our CTO.
This is a new role for MPB and we are looking for someone who can quickly demonstrate value and, with the strong support of the CTO, transform team working practices and delivery.
● Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies across 2 Scrum teams with an emphasis on increasing predictability
● Guide, coach and motivate the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers, improve flow of work and increase team engagement and happiness
● Work with the teams to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects, exposed through Jira
● Remove impediments and guide the teams to remove impediments within the spirit of increasing self-organisation
● Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
● Prepare and lead communication with main stakeholders with a goal of improving transparency and radiating information
● Identify and track key KPIs to build confidence in the software delivery process and support the stakeholders in prioritisation decisions
● Passionate about Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc.
● Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
● Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
● Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile practices and techniques such as Value-driven User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Pairing
● Experience using Jira to both organise scrum team work and to drive reporting
● Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills
● Highly organised and with strong problem-solving drive
● A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
Note on working practices during the Coronavirus outbreak
At the time of writing, all office-based staff are working from home. The plan is to transition to a socially-distanced presence in the office, most likely on a rota system, as soon as it is safe and practical to do so.
MPB is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability or age.