At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE and BT.
We also love data; with every interaction, we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We’re currently looking for a skilled developer to join our dedicated support team. Their duties will include both maintaining our current product, as well as developing new and exciting features to help us grow. This fast-paced team ensures the product is available, performant, and flexible.
The product is made up of a react front-end and a perl/node.js backend. A successful candidate would be someone who enjoys working across disciplines and is able to deliver changes to both the back and front ends of the tech stack. This role is highly visible and a great opportunity to really shine within a small business and team.
Our technology is already used by some of the largest brands in the world, and we’re only just getting started. This is a pivotal moment to join a company that has a huge opportunity ahead of it.
The person we are looking for…
- Has a passion for technology and an excellent eye for detail.
- Is eager to learn new things and excited by problem-solving.
- Is a great communicator and team player.
- Takes ownership over issues, big or small.
- Loves learning and taking on challenges.
- Most of all you want to work at the cutting edge of applying human psychology to online interactions.
You will be responsible for...
- Building new implementations of the decision engine across different clients, platforms, and continents.
- Working closely with the architecture & development teams to develop external product optimisations and internal tooling.
- Reverse engineering partner websites to find new ways of integration.
- Maintaining and improving the existing back end codebase.
- Designing/implementing our new back end in NodeJs.
- Proposing and building new features for the platform.
- Input into development tools and best practices.
Skills and experience required
- 3 or more years of experience working in software development.
- Experience with either Node, Perl, or react.
- Experience developing REST APIs or other programmatic interfaces to apps or devices.
- Database experience with mySQL and NoSQL.
- Experience building scalable web services and applications.
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, tools and libraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and experience desirable
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud services.
- Experience within an existing support team.
- Experience with security measures in backend systems.
- Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. However, we're currently all working from home and we'll be taking a cautious approach to returning to our much loved office.
We're used to having flexible workspaces, which mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings. However, we will of course be following strict social distancing and health & safety guidelines for as long as is advised.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and Medicash healthcare scheme
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage