Progress is a creative film agency and production studio making commercials, branded and social content, animation and independent film based in Brighton, UK.
We are looking for an experienced Producer and Manager to lead our rapidly evolving Studio, someone who is looking to execute real change, shape the future of the company and create new business opportunities for our growing team.
Alongside our commercial work, our thriving ‘Studio’ approach is the backbone of our company, with a Head of Content overseeing our full-time producers and filmmakers in order to provide innovative solutions for our long standing and prospective clients - truly a people person, you’ll love being an integral part of the Progress team.
In this role, you’ll oversee projects from brief to delivery, managing the Studio’s ever-expanding production department; implementing, overseeing and constantly improving budgetary and production responses to all jobs, having an up-to-date, intrinsic knowledge of all Progress projects at all times. You will be a voice of authority in the production process, ensuring the creative vision is delivered to budget and brief, exceeding client expectations. You will be integral in building strong, meaningful relationships with agencies, brands and organisations, forging new opportunities for the talented, full time creative teams being developed within the Progress infrastructure.
Based out of our Brighton studio (with scope for some remote work in the current climate), you’ll be an integral part of the company fabric who will be positioning Progress as an industry leader. You will live and breathe our unique company ethos and be able to communicate this to contacts - both old and new - whether that’s through pitches, meetings, screenings or events. You’ll be an experienced and inspirational leader with commercial and corporate production experience and looking for a challenge, whether you are from a Production or Agency background.
If you’d like to find out more about us, visit http://progressfilm.co.uk/ or follow us @progressfilmco
Roles & Responsibilities
● Overseeing budgeting and production on all Studio jobs - from initial brief through to completion, monitoring and evaluating the company’s production costs, approach and rate cards for each project
● Overseeing all production and filmmaker scheduling, leading an efficient, cost-effective studio to deliver work on time and on budget and to the exceptional creative standards we have established with our clients over the last 10 years
● Building and establishing effective systems that develop and improve our production processes in a constantly shifting landscape, upholding these processes with both in-house and freelance teams
● Leading by example, continuing to grow and mentor the company’s in-house production department with involvement in recruitment, interviews and reviews
● Building and nurturing positive relationships with new and existing clients - both agency and direct to client - and using this knowledge to work with the leadership team on business development and strategy, creating budgets and overseeing creative responses to deliver winning pitches and proactive proposals
● Working with the senior team to strategically shape the future of the company with a strong focus on new business opportunities
● An authoritative voice with a track record of providing strategic vision and contributing to a company’s growth, as well as creative and financial goals
● Proven experience of varying levels of production, from large-scale commercial to smaller- scale corporate projects, working to financial targets
● Strong leadership, management, communication and multi-tasking skills, with a knack for constructive feedback and inspiring a team
● Practical knowledge of financial, legal and regulatory production requirements
● A keen eye for detail and quality, with inherent good creative taste
● A personable, affable nature with a lack of ego - we create work together, the Progress way
Please send CVs with a letter of interest to email@example.com
- Additional info: Head-of-Content (42kb) (the link will open in a new window)