Come and join the Futur!
FuturLab is looking for a Community Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
As the studio’s first ever dedicated Community Manager, there is extensive scope for future growth with your first challenge to see our exciting PowerWash Simulator game through Early Access and into full launch.
Based out of our sunny seaside office in the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove, or working from your home as deemed necessary according to Covid-19 guidelines, you will be helping to consolidate and evolve the community building efforts of the entire studio.
This position is ideal for someone who has an engaging, out-going personality and who is also intensely interested in social media and interactive marketing.
Reporting to the Development Director this role enjoys extensive autonomy to define the processes and pipelines that will drive the success of FuturLab’s marketing, PR and community engagement efforts through the full life-cycle of each of our games from announcement through launch and beyond.
- Experience in leading community management and social promotion in line with the overall marketing, communication and business objectives of the studio.
- Proven experience in devising comprehensive and effective social media marketing and community plans covering all phases of game development across multiple territories.
- An extensive knowledge of all appropriate social media platforms paired with a strong understanding of how to build and sustain communities across all channels, specifically Discord, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to dissect and interpret game telemetry data, extract key conclusions and provide recommendations.
- An understanding and experience in using video capture and video editing packages.
- Not camera shy in interviews or on live-streams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in managing third party creative agencies.
- An interest in following the latest trends and upcoming releases in both gaming and mainstream culture.
Although we’d prefer applicants with a proven track record in the games business, we will happily consider those looking to take an adventurous new step in their careers from similar or related industries.
The Community Manager will:
- Have responsibility for managing conversations on all owned community channels (alongside the studio leads and production stakeholders) as well as managing relationships with our player communities and collaborations with social media influencers.
- Be responsible for the creation of a wide range of engaging promotional and community-facing video assets for deployment across all owned social media channels.
- Devise regular, exciting ways to share news of our games with our community and the wider gaming community.
- Deliver regular community updates to the studio informing of community sentiment and player focused campaign performance and coordinate with customer support to escalate and communicate player facing issues.
- Engage with the community on forums, livestreams, audio podcasts and forward-facing events; becoming a trusted point of communication both internally and externally, supporting community driven content and bringing players together.
- Be required to perform live, on-stage game demos at industry events.
- Be the primary evangelist for the games that we develop and in all likelihood become an identifiable brand spokesperson for the studio.
- You are a Streamer/Content Creator having produced online content, or hosted livestream content and are familiar with current livestream tech/viral trends.
- Multi-lingual skills.
- Experience creating short and effective GIFs.
FuturLab fosters an inclusive and welcoming culture, we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills, experience and passion for the role then please click here to apply:
We typically receive a high number of applicants and therefore favour candidates who have taken the time to include a cover letter. We love to hear about what makes you tick and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Sadly, candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered – FuturLab do not have a licence to sponsor candidates outside of the EU. Candidates must be willing to relocate / commute to our studio in Hove once deemed safe following Covid-19. We offer UK and EU nationals a relocation package to help move to the area.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience + performance related bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Relocation package
- Staff referral bonus
- 28 days holiday + 2 duvet days
- Friday Fun drinks
- Regular social activities
- Two weeks of studio closure over the Christmas period
- Free fresh fruit
- Free iced treats in the summer
- Free locally roasted, Small Batch coffee and specialty teas
- Free eye tests + standard glasses for display work
- Birthday cake