At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE and BT.
We also love data; with every interaction, we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We are looking for a Junior Tester to provide QA and contribute to our testing processes. You will need a hands-on approach, working closely with our design, development, data science and customer teams to help define, plan and execute test cases across multiple projects and product versions.
Your role will include cross-browser/device testing, specification of acceptance criteria and test cases during project planning, and ownership of tickets throughout the sprint process. Ideally, you will have experience of automated testing which you can use to help expand our testing framework and use to implement testing of our systems.
The person we're looking for
Fundamentally we want someone who is smart and can get stuff done, it may sound clichéd but we would much prefer to hire someone who is talented and allow them to train and gain experience, than to hire someone with all the points checked off but who has the wrong attitude.
If you are willing (and more importantly, wanting) to learn and get on with being a part of a growing team, and are excited about helping us to maintain and improve the quality of the excellent work we do then we want to hear from you.
You'll be responsible for
- Planning, executing and performing testing across both product development and BAU work streams
- Providing early input on upcoming tasks from the relevant expert and end-user perspective
- Assisting the development team in the identification of test cases
- Designing and prioritising tests to create the best coverage and business value
- Tracking and monitoring live system performance to provide early warning of potential issues
Skills and experience required
- Pin-point attention to detail
- Confidence to provide constructive criticism and positive feedback
- Ability to find problems and root causes. You want to break stuff and help fix it
- A hunger to ask questions - for your own knowledge, and to challenge assumptions
- Experience of a range of web browsers, operating systems and devices
- Understanding of web-based technologies and testing web applications
- A desire to constantly improve your knowledge and experience
- A passion for technology and an excellent eye for detail
- Willingness to take ownership over issues, big or small
Skills and experience desirable
- ISTQB or equivalent
- Proficiency in writing test scripts using TestCafe or other automation tool
- Experience of working with Agile project management methods such as Scrum
- Basic understanding of Git
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. However, we're currently all working from home and we'll be taking a cautious approach to returning to our much loved office.
We're used to having flexible workspaces, which mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings. However, we will of course be following strict social distancing and health & safety guidelines for as long as is advised.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- Apple MacBook
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and Medicash healthcare scheme
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage