Pavilion Publishing and Media is an independent publisher based at Shoreham Airport near Brighton specialising in innovative training packs and books that focus on the health and social care, teaching English as a foreign language and education markets for professionals and consumers. We are seeking a project administrator who is looking for a new challenge. Initially the role will be working from home until the current government advice changes and then the role will be office based.
We are looking for a Project Administrator/Coordinator (12 month fixed term contract) to schedule and coordinate book production. This will involve liaising with many internal and external stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
We are looking for someone who has manged projects previously, perhaps you have been a project administrator or coordinator before, or you may have carried out a role such as an office manager, where managing projects is a key part of the role.
To schedule and coordinate publishing projects from contract signing until delivery of final product, keeping the Commissioning Editor, Marketing Manager, author, and other stakeholders informed of progress and any variance from plan, and ensuring the quality of the final products. This is a newly created role to augment the production process.”
Job Function Tasks
- Scheduling of upcoming publications
- Project management of complex publications including titles with digital and mixed media
- Managing numerous internal and external stakeholders on a single project
- Liaising with printers, suppliers, colleagues and freelancers
- Liaising with marketing on planning, launching and promoting new titles
Areas of Responsibility
- Brief and oversee the work of freelance copyeditors and proof-readers, negotiate fees and monitor progress
- Work closely with editorial, design and production teams to manage books through production in a timely way
- Ensure that online elements and e publication formats are produced and uploaded where necessary
- Maintain up-to-date publication files containing relevant information for editors, proof readers and marketing
OLM Group is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
At OLM Group diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.