As a Senior SEO Consultant in our SEO Team, you will report directly to our Head of SEO.
We are passionate about organic search optimisation, brilliant digital experiences, and the pursuit of technical excellence. You will share our passion in these areas, with considerable experience using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines. Moreover, you will be accountable for the technical integrity of clients’ websites and digital properties.
To achieve this, you will have an excellent understanding of how websites are built – not just on a technical level, but also their stakeholders and workflows. You will be comfortable working alongside developers, ideally within agile workflows. You will also be proficient in providing non-technical stakeholders with clear, concise and jargon-free recommendations.
RocketMill aspires to be valued for the quality of its thinking as well as the quality of its doing. Therefore, you will take ownership of SEO performance for your clients, playing an active role in developing strategies and KPIs for your channel and our overall campaigns.
Finally, you will bring an open mind and a forward-thinking approach, able to help us succeed in a world where search engines are not the only means to attract organic traffic.
- Building business cases and forecasts to gain buy-in for SEO implementation
- Sharing results and case studies back to the business
- Identifying opportunities to drive innovation within the department
- Leading the strategy and technical SEO roadmaps
- Briefing and QAing junior members of the team for support work where needed
- Auditing websites on all aspects of technical SEO
- Helping our clients grow through sustainable organic search visibility
- Taking ownership of client’s organic performance and technical integrity
- Playing a leading role in strategic discussions about how SEO can solve business challenges and drive marketing performance
- Carrying out competitor analyses, backlink audits, keyword research, and other research projects as required
- Preparing qualitative and quantitative reports on SEO campaign performance
- Meeting dynamic KPIs set out specifically for you and your role
- Staying abreast of developments in SEO best practice, and sharing knowledge across the team where applicable
- Being Google Analytics certified and keeping this up-to-date
- Where necessary, presenting and discussing work with developers to ensure implementation success.
- Several years’ experience in technical SEO (agency or client-side)
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO tactics, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
- Demonstrable experience consulting on website audits, backlinks and migrations
- Absolute proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
- Google Analytics IQ certification
- Reporting experience – updating clients on performance against KPIs
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, advanced formulae)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and everyday IT
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Accountable for the performance and technical integrity of your clients
- Able to balance your workload and deliver on time
- Be a positive person that adds energy to our team
- Strategic experience – consulting on how organic search can have a measurable impact within cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Experience designing large-scale SEO-friendly information architecture
- Working knowledge (or better) of PHP, SQL or other relevant web technologies
- Working knowledge (or better) of WordPress, Magento, and other CMS platforms