(Senior) Account Manager
Are you an experienced marketeer/project manager/storyteller who likes to work alongside inspirational entrepreneurs and clients who harness social change through their work?
We want to find someone to join our small, start-up team and help support our growing portfolio of clients. Below are some of the things we’re looking for from you, but we’re also aware that good people might not have had the opportunity to learn or demonstrate all this. So above all we’re looking for passion and potential.
Who are we?
We are an agency that uses our storytelling power to help good ideas get heard.
We believe the story system is broken. Our mission is to find new ways to use story to bring about change to behaviour, narratives and systems, to improve the world for the better. And to do this, we want to give neglected voices and alternative ideas a chance to be heard.
We do this in three ways:
- We help people tell stronger stories. We use our Lean Story Canvas, coupled with our learning and development resources, courses and webinars, to help people craft a new story using the world’s most successful story patterns from history, literature and film.
- We help them become stronger storytellers. We work closely with organisations and communities through our workshops and consultancy to use ‘story as strategy’ and coach people on how to tell their story in a more engaging way to different audiences and across different channels.
- Together we build stronger story systems. It takes a thousand stronger stories to change a narrative and so we work closely with our partners and communities, through our consultancy, community and campaigns to align their stories and drive systems change.
We only work on briefs that further one or more of UN’s 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, that we have framed into 7 core areas: Clean Growth, Biodiversity & Nature, Health & Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion, Access to Education, Resilient Communities, and Sustainable Living.
Organisations we have worked within over the last two years include: the UN, Innovate UK, Extinction Rebellion, Wiley, The Greater London Authority, Eden Project Communities, Wagamama, Global Commons Alliance, City & Guilds, and Enginuity.
Our work is channelled into helping marginalised or under-represented voices get heard, and helping good ideas grow. Our equal opportunities policy describes how we believe everyone should be treated with respect and dignity, but we also recognise we need to be a more diverse and inclusive organisation ourselves.
And this is what we'd like from you:
- You want to use your skills to improve our world
- You have a love of story, and appreciate the power of verbal, written and visual stories to accelerate change
- You are passionate, motivated and enthusiastic, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- You have excellent experience creating, planning and delivering multi-layered client programmes, ideally in comms or marketing
- You are curious and want to use your analytical mind to solve some of society’s most challenge and systemic problems
- You appreciate the importance of programme outcomes and measuring impact, and know how to build strategies that bring about behaviour change
- You are extremely organised and have a great attention to detail
- You have experience of project management tools and platforms to support efficient and effective working
- You enjoy managing teams up or down an organisation, and are collaborative and supportive of those you work with
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You show creative flair in the way you plan and carry out your work, and know that even the most everyday of tasks can be approached with creativity
The role we can offer you:
- You will lead or co-lead key client accounts, providing counsel and developing important and exciting client relationships
- You will be responsible for efficient and effective programme planning and improving our organisational processes
- You will develop strategic and creative programmes and add fresh thinking to address our clients’ strategic and commercial objectives
- You will contribute to the organic growth of existing clients with new ideas and plans to enhance existing client campaigns
- You will work on and deliver innovative proposals and help lead business development
- You will develop creative content, ideas and campaigns for our clients and our wider community
- You will help shape the way we measure the impact and effectiveness of our work and campaigns
- You will have financial responsibility for client budgets, and help develop commercial models that help grow our business but also benefit our wider community of storytellers through open resources and content
- You will enjoy the operational and cultural benefits of a small start-up, and have a hands-on part to play in the fast growth of this exciting team
- You will be encouraged to develop your own ideas and innovations, and your entrepreneurial thinking will be actively supported
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested, please apply with your CV and a brief note on your suitability to email@example.com.
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.