Web Developer – Lewes - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Full Time – 37 ½ hours per week
Salary circa £30-35k per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced developer with solid PHP skills and experience of the Laravel framework to join our digital team based in Lewes, developing and maintaining our family of national and international ecommerce web applications.
The role will involve working closely with our existing developers, supporting current work and contributing to new developments. Work will require some flexibility and the ability to drive projects along. Development will be front-end to back-end so skills with HTML and MySQL based databases are needed. Experience with Amazon Web Services would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is self-starting, motivated and dedicated to producing high quality work.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 170 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our staff.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing and maintaining high-quality, mobile-first, responsive web applications
- Taking project requirements and translating them into technical proposals and specifications
- Working closely with other development team members
- Implementing current best practice and coding standards
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and technologies
- Providing input into future developments
- Using a range of changing technologies
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the same or similar role
- Expertise in the use of PHP particularly within the Laravel framework
- A strong working track record of developing and maintaining robust, responsive web applications
- Knowledge of best practices for web performance, usability, SEO, security and data privacy
- Experience of testing, integration and deployment processes
- An understanding of server architecture and cloud based hosting solutions - ideally Amazon Web Services
- A demonstrable ability to proactively manage tasks, projects and issues
- An appetite for emerging technologies and an ability to quickly pick up new skills
- A hands-on, self-starting friendly attitude, be positive, passionate, persistent, creative and curious
Technology specific experience:
- Amazon Web Services
- PSR 1-2 coding standards
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Staff discounts
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Please ensure you fully complete the application process if you wish to be considered for this position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any applicants that do not complete the process.
No agencies please