- Eastbourne, East Sussex
- £23,00 - £28,000 - based on experience
- I.T Systems Support Engineer - June 2020
- IT Support
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Gardners Books Limited, as part of The Little Group, is the leading book and multimedia wholesalers in the United Kingdom. Gardners supply product from its warehouses in Eastbourne to retailers in the UK on a next day delivery and international retailers via shippers from a stock of over 640,000 different titles.
The IT Systems Department comprises around 10 staff. The main role of the department is the support and development of the company’s internal infrastructure.
The company operates a multi-server network using VMWare & Microsoft operating systems with over 500 PC workstations. There are also automated conveyor systems, telephone system, ethernet networks, wireless networks and various other electronic/mechanical systems
- PC Hardware installation support
- Desktop Support running Microsoft
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic Networking, including Wireless
- Scripting and Automation
Essential Technical Experience:
- Microsoft operating systems, inc Windows 10 & server 2016.
- PC hardware to the level of installing and setting up cards, setting BIOS, configuring hard disks, memory and diagnosing faults
- Ethernet Networking iand Infrastructure Cabling.
- Min 1 years I.T. Support experience, including working on a helpdesk.
Additional Technical Knowledge Preferred:
- Linux configuration and operation
- VMware virtualization
General Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will need to be reliable and trustworthy. Good communication skills are essential across, written and verbal. You will need to be able to work well in a pressured environment and be able to learn new technical knowledge. A full UK driving license is required.
About the position:
Hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility on hours is required during busy periods. It will be required to work occasional Saturday nights (9pm to 4am) to assist with performing essential systems maintenance, for which lieu time is normally given. It is expected that you will take part in Out of Hours Support as part of a 1 in 4 rota.
If you feel this ins a position that would suit you, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively you can post to Personnel, Gardners, 1 Whittle Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6QH