Test Automation Engineer
MPB is transforming the way that photographers and videographers buy, sell and trade their kit. Since our Series A venture funding in mid 2016, we have expanded rapidly and built a transformative platform for the photography & videography industry, unlocking supply and facilitating unrivalled access to kit for creatives and photography enthusiasts across the globe.
Our platform is now available in the US, UK, Germany and France and we have a global team of 140+ people working on our mission to become the leading company in our industry. We invite you to apply to be part of this mission and join our energetic company, where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Test Automation Engineer to join us!
As our Test Automation Engineer, you will be improving, refactoring, and expanding our regression testing suite built on Python, Behave, and Webdriver. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for integrating these tests into our CI/CD pipelines.
This role is based out of our friendly head office in Ship Street, Brighton with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals.
- Drive improvements for testing processes
- Expand the coverage of automation for our regression test suite
- Mentor testers to support their proficiency in test automation
- Work with developers and product teams to improve the overall cross-team processes such that features can be built, tested, and delivered on a two week cycle.
- Assist DevOps engineers with building CI/CD pipelines
- Build out testing infrastructure on our Kubernetes platform (GKE)
- Passionate about testing and automation
- Experience with and knowledge of the Python programming language and best practices.
- Experience with Behavior-driven development (or BDD)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and related best practices
- Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills
- Highly organised and with strong problem-solving drive
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s succes
Note on working practices during the Coronavirus outbreak
At the time of writing, all office-based staff are working from home. The plan is to transition to a socially-distanced presence in the office, most likely on a rota system, as soon as it is safe and practical to do so.
MPB is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion,
disability or age.
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we provide lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Your birthday lay-in
- MPB workplace pension
- 22 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 3 years
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Awareness Pathway (EAP)
- Pet friendly workplace
- Weekly delivery of fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social events