Frontend Developer UX/UI
We have built the largest independent search engine outside Big Tech. Other smaller, so-called search engine companies, are using Bing or Google search results although their users often do not realise that. Mojeek therefore provides alternative search results.
Mojeek also provides these search results without tracking, so we are privacy centric. Also because we do not collect data our users can avoid supporting surveillance capitalism.
Working with our Lead Web Developer, your main responsibilities will be to work on the website front-end and mobile apps. Our vision of building the world's alternative search engine will require you to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. With high growth plans and plenty of opportunities to work in different areas, the successful candidate will have a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in the company as it grows.
This role is open to candidates of all levels from Junior to Senior.
You will have a good eye for design, be smart, self-motivated, and focussed. You enjoy earning and developing new skills. You will be willing 'to-do-whatever-it-takes', guided by your strong values that you share with Mojeek. We value these attributes above formal qualifications.
- A portfolio highlighting your passion and ability
- An interest in UX/UI and creating a consistent, accessible, and responsive design across multiple devices
- Our stack uses PHP, PostgreSQL and Redis so any previous experience in these may be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in iOS and/or Android app development advantageous
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Key early role in building a funded startup
- Permanent and full-time employment
- Work in a startup that aims to become a major player in the global search market
- Stock options
We are a small team working fully remote. We will support hotdesking where that makes sense. At this stage of the company candidates would preferably reside within the UK. Visa sponsorship is not available. We are members of Wired Sussex and Sussex Innovation with half our team in Sussex.
Closing date: (12 noon, 27 July 2020).