Wordpress Full-Stack Developer
We’re looking for a WordPress Full Stack Developer to take ownership of the back-end and front-end development of our website: www.brightlocal.com.
Our website receives over 125,000 visits per month and plays an integral part in the growth of our business. We have ambitious plans to increase the conversion rate of our website by improving the user experience and site performance, and launching content initiatives that will further cement our position as a leader within the local marketing industry. You will be responsible for supporting our Marketing team and helping them to deliver on these ambitious plans.
This role is perfect for a skilled full-stack developer with excellent WordPress experience who:
- Is looking to take ownership of the projects they work on
- Has a keen interest in user experience and usability
- Wants to see the direct impact their work has on the growth of a technology company
- Lead the development and maintenance of our corporate website
- Ensure our website is adhering to best practice web development standards
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and our designers to deliver exciting new additions and continuous improvements to the website
- Extensive experience developing WordPress themes and custom plugins
- A strong understanding and experience of using the WordPress core functions
- Experience working with Sass or similar preprocessor language
- Experience implementing responsive designs
- Knowledge of page speed optimisation
- A good understanding of security and how to mitigate risks (XSS, SQL injection etc) within a WordPress environment
- Experience using composer
- Experience of using front-end tools and technologies such as Webpack, npm, gulp and grunt
- Experience of using git (and particularly GitHub)
- Comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Experience of MVC frameworks, and in particular, Laravel
- Experience working with and/or developing RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of Linux and the Linux command line
- SEO Knowledge
Based in our office in Brighton, East Sussex. This role may be available as a semi-remote position with UK dependent on circumstances.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- Performance related bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary
- Health insurance with Vitality
- 25 days paid holiday per year (increasing with service) + public holidays
- An extra paid day off on your birthday
BrightLocal is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company providing a suite of marketing tools and services to digital marketing agencies, big brands, and SMBs.
Our products are used by over 5,000 businesses worldwide including brands such as Hilton, Ikea, Nandos, REED recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their digital marketing and attract new customers from local search.
Launched in 2009, we have a highly respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative content as much as our local marketing platform. Our research is regularly picked up by mainstream media such as The Guardian, CNBC, and The Wall Street Journal.
Life at BrightLocal:
We employ 160+ people across 4 countries: the UK, the USA, Ukraine, and the Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and is home to our Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Operations teams.
Last year we grew the company by 30% and we have ambitious growth targets for 2020 – this role will be crucial to help us achieve our goals.
We invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities. We have fun with regular team-building days which include activities like volleyball, ice skating, and sailing to name but a few!
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are.