Digital Marketing Assistant
- Wired Sussex
- Brighton | Remote
- £19,000 per annum
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Are you an aspiring or experienced digital marketer looking to start or grow your career? Do you enjoy building and getting involved with communities online?
Brighton and the surrounding Sussex area is home to a thriving digital, media and technology sector. Its hub of digital excellence and of inspiration and innovation is one of the most successful in the UK, with an annual turnover significantly exceeding £1 billion.
Wired Sussex is an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation that exists to support this digital, media and tech community. We are a small and friendly team and, when we aren’t working from home because of a global pandemic, we’re based right around the corner from Brighton’s North Laine in a creative and collaborative innovation hub called The FuseBox.
Every day is different at Wired Sussex, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects and initiatives designed to support the local digital cluster, and with the thousands of wonderfully talented companies and freelancers which make up our network.
As Digital Marketing Assistant, you will be the main user and guardian of all our social media channels and be responsible for promoting our range of services, initiatives and events, including our annual digital skills festival Talent Fest, as well as researching and sharing success stories from our members.
If you are...
- Proactive with initiative and a passion for learning, who can organise their time effectively and communicate clearly
- Able to transform technical jargon into clear, succinct comms
- Good at building rapport with others
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Comfortable completing basic design tasks
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
...and have knowledge of and experience in…
- Short form copywriting
- Promoting and communicating across a range of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Slack)
- Writing and sending email and Mailchimp campaigns
- Drafting press releases
- Creating and updating visual communications and graphics. A knowledge of or willingness to learn basic Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Canva would be a big plus
...we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to be creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and, as per the Skills and Talent Manifesto that we created with our community, we believe that anyone should be able to have a fulfilling career in the digital, media and tech sector.
We welcome applications from people with a disability or health condition, including those who would require additional support through the access to work scheme to perform their role.
Want to know more? You can find out more about the details of the role and responsibilities here.
Interested in applying to our Digital Marketing Assistant position but curious about life at Wired Sussex and what we look for in new team members? Check out our latest blog post.
Please note, we are reviewing applications as they come in and may close this advert early if we find the right candidate.