Social Media & Content Assistant
- BIMM Institute
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Contractual Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
About BIMM Institute
BIMM Institute has colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
BIMM Institute’s colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing media and communication, film and screen.
To qualify you should be or have…
• A good understanding of and be a creative user of social media
• Good copywriting skills and ability to communicate ideas
• Love of music and good understanding of music culture
• A general understanding of the marketing mix and a strong interest in social media
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Energy and enthusiasm
Key Accountabilities Include:
• To develop engaging content for BIMM’s social media channels
• To actively monitor and engage with all forms of Social Media across BIMM group social channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
• To act as one of the key points of contact for social media queries, developing a response process, engaging with potential and existing students and looking to proactively influence these groups and resolve any arising issues. To escalate issues as appropriate through correct channels
• Act as the BIMM ambassador across all social channels responding to student queries and complaints in a timely manner, ensuring any issues are raised with the relevant department
• Assist with growth of social media networks and audiences
• Develop relationships with social media “influencers” including student ambassadors, alumni, tutors and key industry partners
• Ensure key marketing messages are distributed via BIMM social media platforms
• Monitor and assist with management of student groups
• Ensure social events are up to date
• Monitor reviews of BIMM across a number of platforms (e.g. social networks, discussion forums) and respond in an appropriate manner. Encourage increased reviews of BIMM on relevant platforms
• Assist with running social campaigns and competitions
• Upload audio and video content onto social channels
• Assist in staff and student training for social media across all campuses when required
• Where required provide social media activity on the ground at BIMM events.
This role would suit a Graduate or someone looking to start their career in Social Media.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.
The window for submitting an application may close early (subject to volume of applications), so early application is encouraged