Web & WordPress Developer
- Artemis Marketing
- Negotiable salary depending on experience
- Web & WordPress Developer
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, SEO & PPC
- Contract Type
Due to the ever growing number of clients we have on the digital marketing side of the company we are seeing a growth in demand for new website builds.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive, SEO friendly and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins where necessary as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a WordPress Developer within Artemis, you should have in-depth knowledge of PHP, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. You can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client in a mobile first, light coded, Google friendly environment.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with account managers, technical SEO’s and clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing in conjunction with our in house graphic designer and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests to ensure optimal site speed
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- A-level in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
Combined with a never ending supply of tea, coffee, daily fresh fruit and the delightful Sussex countryside on the office doorstep, Artemis offer much more than just a friendly team working environment. In return for your hard work and dedication, Artemis offer:
- Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience
- 28 days’ annual leave (inc’ all bank holidays)
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year*
- Annual bonus scheme*
- Eyecare vouchers*
- A commitment to professional development
- Free car parking
- Team building days and social events
* Conditions apply
Due to the beautiful rural location of our UK offices, you’ll need your own transport.
To apply, please email a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
STRICTLY no agencies please. Applications from agencies will not be viewed.