Live QA Lead - New IP
This is a fantastic opportunity for a QA professional to be a part of the established team at Creative Assembly working on an exciting New IP.
As a Live QA Lead you will be responsible for the operational QA delivery of a AAA title from concept through to live service. You will define and implement the test strategy to support and maintain all Live Services, by planning and estimating the QA effort required to support releases and updates. To achieve this you will manage a team of multiple QA Leads / Testers / Engineers in the Live Operations QA team; providing support, mentoring, suggesting potential growth or learning opportunities to ensure continuous improvement, and championing a collaborative, inclusive team environment.
On a daily basis you will ensure that established QA practices are adhered to, informing the Live Ops Director, and QA Manager of any risks or blocking issues which need to be addressed or mitigated, Identify and track project risks to resolution, escalating to Live Ops Director / QA Manager as needed. You will also be responsible for updating and adding to departmental Confluence pages, to ensure that the team has easy access to all information required to complete required testing.
Your aim will be to improve overall knowledge of the project(s) over time, understanding the relationship being the client and server elements, along with third party plugins, systems etc, and passing knowledge to the wider QA team, being hands on where necessary, researching and identifying potential opportunities in tools, automation to enhance and improve test process.
This role will also require the development and fostering of relationships with different teams, such as Live Services team, internal Dev QA Teams and Vendor QA alike, as well as Customer Service in order to ensure that key issues are identified quickly and champion their resolution, reviewing all reported bugs are of consistent quality and contain all required information to ensure timely resolution.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Time-served operating at a Senior/Lead level
- Prior experience of testing on a live service title, on mobile or other platforms (at least 1 project pre and post launch).
- Prior experience as a line manager or supervisor of one or more QA Testers / Engineers.
- Have a prior background or experience in testing of some or all the following technical areas: game design, art, graphics, data/analytics, performance, networking, security, platform compliance, agile testing.
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, scalability, load testing, compatibility etc) to enhance functional test coverage.
- Strong working knowledge of test tools and reporting, such as JIRA, TestRail, etc and have an understanding on how to use such tools to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Extensive experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsource QA teams, ideally at a development studio.
- Exposure to source control systems (such as Perforce, Git, SVN).
- Understanding / application of data analytics and comfortable in a data driven environment / platform
- Prior Leading experience on a Live Service title.
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI, Grafana.
- Experience with animation or database related game tools.
- Exposure to industry standard game engines such as Unreal, Unity.
- Passion for First Person Shooters.
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you found this role on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.