Lead Brand Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to make a significant and tangible impact on the future of our highly successful and multi award-winning Total War franchise, working closely with both the CA development teams and SEGA publishing teams whilst providing mentorship to a talented team responsible for our outbound marketing activities.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position and the confidence necessary to define and shape brand marketing and positioning strategies, whilst enhancing and amplifying marketing programs and campaigns.
This position calls for excellence in all forms of communication, creativity and relationship management. The ideal candidate for this role will be both knowledgeable and passionate with great planning and interpersonal skills. Being adaptable and having a clear drive to meet deadlines, targets and budgets is crucial to this role.
You would need to be commercial minded with the skills to be flexible and agile in an ever-changing market. With the experience in working through the full life-cycle of a project.
In this role you will spearhead one of our major IP titles and its supporting DLC programme throughout its release and/or extended lifecycle, and as such will have considerable marketing input in on-going game design functionality, the role holder will be perceptive, efficient, tactful and mindful of the value of award-winning brand-building.
Leadership qualities are important for the role, as is the ability to impart knowledge gleaned across previous roles; acting as the main point of contact for all aspects of brand marketing for the titles within your remit, and setting the bar in terms of expertise and behaviours for the wider marketing team to aspire to.
The expectation is that the successful candidate will become an essential part of a close-knit leadership group on their given franchise, allied with the development teams, as well as a fulcrum within the wider cross-functional marketing team. As such, we anticipate this individual leading by example, whilst coaching, mentoring and empowering team members within the brand marketing team to continuously develop.
As a Lead Brand Manager on the Total War team, you will own the strategic marketing plan and budget for a number of major releases in the coming years, working closely with development teams to help define the roadmap and content cadence. From a marketing perspective this will also include setting plans, communicating objectives and strategies, creating assets, implementation of post-execution analysis, whilst working in partnership with the SEGA publishing teams relating to global marketing implementation.
You will execute brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision agreed in partnership with the franchise’s development team and Creative Assembly’s senior management group. You will be aware of and seek full visibility of global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately available.
In this role, you will develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio and teams within the larger SEGA corporate structure. So, having excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management is crucial. The successful candidate will be expected to compile and analyse regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of DLC and tentpole products, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams.
They will also play a pivotal role in contributing to and managing licensor relationships, whilst identifying potential key third party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of triple-A brand/product ownership and product launches
- Previous experience building or managing specialist or cross-functional marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- First-rate written and verbal presentation skills, to all sizes of audience and seniority
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Previous experience of planning and buying media either independently or via agencies
- Experience in or involvement with online customer relationship management, account management and interconnected online system branding and delivery is an advantage
- An appreciation of strategy games and previous Creative Assembly games is desirable
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention you found this role on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.