We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented digital marketer to join the Clearleft events team. You’ll be responsible for marketing all our events in London, Brighton, New York and San Francisco; everything from producing content marketing campaigns to looking after our social media channels and promotional websites. As somebody who is action-oriented and results-focussed, your goal will be to grow awareness of our wonderful events amongst the digital design community, and help drive sales.
This is a great opportunity for a digitally-focussed and technically savvy marketer or marketing designer, looking for more responsibility as part of a small, friendly and supportive team.
- Creating and delivering social media marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales.
- Using the knowledge and profile of our wonderful speakers from companies like Deliveroo, Booking.com and AirBnB to craft engaging and effective content marketing campaigns.
- Forming partnerships with high-profile brands like Google, Shopify and Adobe to help amplify our reach amongst the digital design community.
- Keeping our attendees excited, engaged and up-to-date with everything we’re doing via email newsletters and social media channels.
- Managing, maintaining and updating our event websites.
- Create all the visual assets necessary to support these marketing campaigns.
As a small team, things get busy when our events come around, so we’re looking for somebody who is happy to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. This means some international travel, a few long days and the occasional weekend away from home. However we believe in a happy work-life balance at Clearleft, so offer flexible working hours and plenty of time off as a result.
We realise that job ads are a bit of a wishlist, so we don’t expect you to be perfect at all of these things. However our ideal candidate would have many of the following character traits and skills:
- You’re a digital native, love the Web and have a strong affinity to social media.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills. Bonus points for running your own blog.
- You’re detail-focussed and can spot a copy mistake at 100 yards.
- You’re a self starter and happy to work unsupervised when necessary.
- You have a positive attitude and are happy to change tack when needs be (as often happens with live events).
- You’re a well-rounded person who gets on well with people and loves their work.
- You’re technically savvy and comfortable embracing new tools (like online event platforms).
- You’re a visual thinker and are comfortable with the latest design tools.
- While we’re not looking for a hard-core coder, you’ll be happy improving and updating our promotional sites. So some HTML/CSS would be beneficial.
- Competitive salary £25-£40k depending on experience.
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours.
- 30 days annual leave as standard.
- A substantial training budget.
- A company wide bonus scheme.
- A friendly, creative studio environment two minutes walk from the seafront.
Does this sound like you?
If so, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re right for this role, and point to a CV and any relevant experience you’d like to share. Applications close Monday Sep 14th 2020..
Some things worth noting
- We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK.
- We are open to exploring remote candidates who are happy to work to a UK timezone.
- We endeavour to get in touch with candidates within two weeks of you contacting us, which typically begins with a casual chat prior to a more formal interview process.
- We categorically won’t be working with recruitment agencies on this appointment. Even if you are different from all the others.
Clearleft are a world-renowned design studio based in Brighton. Our clients include the likes of Virgin Atlantic, Spotify, Penguin Books and British Gas to name just a few. We’re huge fans of conferences and ran one of the UK's first digital design events. Since then we’ve added a number of large conferences to our portfolio including our flagship UX London and Leading Design events. We also run smaller events like Ampersand, Content By Design and Patterns Day, as well retreats and workshops. In response to COVID19 we recently ran SofaConf, our first online only event.