This an excellent opportunity to join Creative Assembly’s Total War AI team as a Senior AI programmer. You will be working collaboratively with a diverse group of programmers, designers and QA technicians to create efficient and effective AI solutions. This position will to tackle the complex challenges presented in Total War’s real-time Battle simulation and so help deliver a challenging, immersive and fun gameplay experience to our players.
As a Senior AI Programmer you will be working in collaboration with coders, designers and QA, that are part of the AI and wider game and project teams, to develop behavioural elements of the Total War AI systems.
This includes supporting existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging along with creating new AI systems in response to project requirements.
You will be expected to familiarise yourself with the sizeable codebase while contributing to the roadmap of future AI systems and helping to create and oversee the architecture of those systems as they are developed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset including a knowledge of more recent language features
- Previous software development experience
- Interest in AI and games
- Strong academic background in a numeric discipline or prior development experience
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Games industry development experience
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is also an advantage
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you found this role on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.