Senior Product Designer (Growth)
TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace that is disrupting the pet care and travel industries. We connect a community of home and pet owners with sitters to solve a common two-sided problem - pet care and cost effective travel. Our consumer SaaS business model means that customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We enjoy exceptional customer retention rates driven by the fact that our owners and sitters realise the amazing value and incredible experiences we can facilitate. We have more five star reviews on Trustpilot than any other pet care or travel company.
All of our operations are based in our office next to the railway station in Brighton to make it simple for our team to travel to and from home. We are flexible with our working arrangements and are looking to continue with a blend of home and office working as we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer (Growth)- to join our Product team. This is a great opportunity to help scale TrustedHousesitters.
What you’ll do at TrustedHousesitters
- Actively identify and drive growth outcomes
- Balance business growth and solving customer problems
- Work with product, data, tech leads, marketing and other stakeholders to help shape and contribute towards the product vision and roadmap
- Run ideation sessions to generate ideas on how to drive growth outcomes
- Help uncover user problems through qualitative and quantitative research
- Be pragmatic and smart about the tests you choose to run, and how you execute them
- Analyse results of experiments, learn and adjust your strategies accordingly
- Nurture best practices, investing in design standards, systems, and processes
- 5+ years of proven product design experience, with a demonstration of working on growth initiatives for consumer products
- Experience in designing, building, and shipping digital products both for web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Strong analytical skills. You know how to leverage data and use it intelligently & with significance to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity
- A passion for bringing new ideas to the table, as well as a deep understanding of what tactics are being used across the competitive landscape
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research including usability testing, analytics, user interviews, and A/B testing
- Knowing when to apply the appropriate level of fidelity to your work. Appreciation of experimental and iterative nature of growth work
- Great problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt your designs across platforms with an understanding of their limitations and opportunities
- Strong experience in interaction and visual design, prototyping and testing
- You know how to work successfully with various stakeholders across the business
- Experience in writing or briefing for product copy
- Good knowledge of analytics tools, including GA, Mixpanel / Amplitude or similar
- You are self-driven and appreciate taking on ownership of broad problem sets and driving them forward
What we’d like to have
- Experience of working in a Growth team
- Startup experience
- Marketplace experience
Competitive salary based on experience
Saving towards retirement
As a member of TrustedHousesitters team, you will be added to our workplace pension scheme.
Traditional 9-5 office lifestyle is long gone. Our team has a healthy balance of working from home/office.
House and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
Health and wellbeing
We offer the benefit of "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for a variety of medical appointments and treatments including Dental.
Tech and Tools
At TrustedHousesitters, there’s a MacBook for every team member and the techie tools you need to let your talents shine.
Food and furry friends
When we're in the office you can help yourself to fresh fruit, a fridge full of drinks, tasty breakfasts, team lunches, and cuddles from the four-pawed team members.