Senior Product Designer (Member Experience) - Maternity Cover
TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace that is disrupting the pet care and travel industries. We connect a community of home and pet owners with sitters to solve a common two-sided problem - pet care and cost effective travel. Our consumer SaaS business model means that customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We enjoy exceptional customer retention rates driven by the fact that our owners and sitters realise the amazing value and incredible experiences we can facilitate. We have more five star reviews on Trustpilot than any other pet care or travel company.
All of our operations are based in our office next to the railway station in Brighton to make it simple for our team to travel to and from home. We are flexible with our working arrangements and are looking to continue with a blend of home and office working as we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our Product team. This is an opportunity to own and grow the core product area, Member Experience, at TrustedHousesitters. You’ll focus on delivering more value to our customers and delighting them with our product.
This is a 1 year contract (maternity cover).
- Work with product, data, tech leads and other stakeholders to help shape and contribute towards the product vision and roadmap
- Help uncover user problems through qualitative and quantitative research
- Partner with other designers, product and engineering to oversee and ensure high-quality user experience from conception to launch and continuous product iterations
- Ensure a high-quality user experience across the product
- Find solutions through ideation and creation of prototypes, choosing the most appropriate tool for the work, from whiteboards to industry-standard tools (we currently use Sketch and InVision)
- Run user research sessions to understand emotional needs and motivations of pet owners and sitters and extract actionable insights
- Nurture best practices, investing in design standards, systems, and processes
- Communicate and share design ideas and research with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Analyse outcome of new products / features and learn from it
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of proven product design experience, having led projects from conception through to completion and successfully solving problems for users
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience in designing, building, and shipping digital products both for web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- The ability to champion the user and encourage others to put user experience at the heart of the decision-making process
- Great problem-solving skills
- Ability to think at a system level, taking into account the platform architecture
- Ability to adapt your designs across platforms with an understanding of their limitations and opportunities
- Strong experience in interaction and visual design, prototyping and testing
- Hands-on experience in running usability testing sessions and user interviews. You’ve successfully applied Jobs To Be Done and Design Thinking methodologies to understand customers’ needs and motivations
- You know how to leverage data and use it intelligently to make good decisions when confronted with ambiguity
- You know how to work successfully with various stakeholders across the business
- Experience with and knowledge of design systems
- Experience in writing or briefing for product copy
- Good knowledge of analytics tools, including GA, Mixpanel / Amplitude or similar
- You are self-driven and appreciate taking on ownership of broad problem sets and drive them forward
What we’d like to have:
- Startup experience
- Marketplace experience
Competitive salary based on experience
Saving towards retirement
As a member of TrustedHousesitters team, you will be added to our workplace pension scheme.
House and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
Health and wellbeing
We offer the benefit of "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for a variety of medical appointments and treatments including Dental.
Tech and Tools
At TrustedHousesitters, there’s a MacBook for every team member and the techie tools you need to let your talents shine.
Food and furry friends
When we're in the office you can help yourself to fresh fruit, a fridge full of drinks, tasty breakfasts, team lunches, and cuddles from the four-pawed team members.