First Natural Brands is one of the UK’s leading experts in essential oil sourcing and blending. We are currently looking for a Product Development Manager to join our team at our head office in Sayers Common, West Sussex.
First Natural Brands owns the multi-ward-winning aromatherapy brand, Tisserand Aromatherapy, which was originally founded in 1974 by aromatherapy pioneer Robert Tisserand. Today our dedicated team of experts continue to share this knowledge and are the pioneers of modern aromatherapy, providing wellness solutions using 100% natural aromatherapy.
Tisserand Aromatherapy products are retailed in Boots, Holland & Barrett, Waitrose, Lloyds Pharmacy, Sainsburys, Planet Organic, Wholefoods, Revital, As Nature Intended and leading independent health stores and pharmacies. Tisserand Aromatherapy products are also widely available online through our own website, Amazon, Ocado and independent online retailers.
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to successfully bring to market our NPD ambitions for the next 3 years across our key product pillars, Essential Oils, Wellbeing, Bath & Body and Skin Treatments. This role also requires a proactive approach to improving our existing range of products to drive sales and to ensure we are constantly at the forefront of innovation and industry trends.
First Natural Brands also has private label/category management business with major retailers which will also require technical support and creative input.
Product Development Manager Role Requirements:
- This is a varied role working closely with a small, committed brand team, so an ability to manage multiple projects at a time is essential.
- The Project Development Manager will report to the Senior Brand & Account Manager, working closely with the brand team, Project Manager and Head of Supply Chain & Procurement to manage all product development from initial concept through to delivery.
- The role requires continual support across all brand strategies and commercial plans in our 3 year plan. Given the dynamics of the market, there will be proactive and reactive changes to this current plan so a flexible, yet pragmatic attitude is a must.
- The role will require a strategic approach in terms of ensuring our current and new product offering is relevant to our target consumers and retail customers in this dynamic and growing marketplace.
- The role will cover all areas of innovation, formulation, packaging, project management, product quality and global regulatory requirements.
- Complete management of all credentials (e.g Vegan Society), stability and compatibility testing and Product Information requirements (e.g MSDS and Certificate of Analysis) needed for every new product.
- The role will require regular liaison with our current third-party bulk manufacturers and packaging suppliers.
- The role will require the exploration of new suppliers to complement our current supply chain.
- Working closely with our external chemist to cover all technical requirements across formulation, packaging and testing.
- Working closely with our aromatherapist to develop essential oil blends to meet market demands.
- Working closely with our Project Manager to ensure timescales and deadlines are met on every new product tracker.
- Working with brand team on current product updates due to regulatory/ingredient/packaging changes and improvements and assist with communications to the wider commercial team.
- Ability to work to varied formulation and packaging briefs and work within cost targets set by brand team.
- Proven track record of driving innovation and creativity.
- Ability to create processes to accelerate pace to market.
- Ability to grow with the brand and business at a dynamic pace.
- An interest in the natural/wellbeing sector is essential.
- An understanding of sustainability is essential.
- Experience developing products within the health/beauty/wellness sector is essential.
- Experience developing products for major retailers such as Boots and Waitrose is preferable.
- Hours of work are 9:00am to 5:30pm (37.5 hours) with 1 hour lunch.
- You will be entitled to 25 days holiday plus 1 day off for your birthday.
- There is a staff product purchase scheme.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience, level of skills etc. You will also be invited to join the Company bonus scheme and will also be enrolled into the company pension scheme at the end of your probation period.