Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect Lead to help us deliver the next generation of multiplayer creation tools, samples, education, and support. Join a rapidly growing team focused on the holistic picture - from networking, to tools, to education - we want to empower the breadth of our community.
- Hire, lead, and grow a team of Solutions Architects, Sample Developers, Education team, and Technical Writers
- Manage community and dedicated support teams, and ensure learnings from those engagements feed back into the products and educational materials
- Create a strategy for educational materials that greatly simplify complex multiplayer networking topics
- Hold teams accountable for solving the needs of users at a quality bar we are proud of
- Manage complex initiatives including open source community projects, educational programs, and more
- Experience as a Solutions Architect or Solutions Engineer Lead (or similar), preferably on technical multiplayer projects in the games industry
- Passion for educating new users entering a complex set of technologies
- Strong capability to drive alignment in cross-functional teams, especially technical teams; ensuring goals across many teams can be met in a reasonable timeframe
- Experience working in the game development industry or related industries
- Multiplayer and/or large scale game development experience is very helpful, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers face when creating these kinds of titles
- Open source project experience desired
- Teaching, education, and/or technical writing experience a strong plus
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.