Autoglass UK and HPCi (international publishing company). Other clients as required.
The main skills required are the ability to code using PHP frameworks; based on an always-on understanding of
the end-user customer experience.
Location: Remote working but expectation of one day a week in London (post-Covid)
Reports to: Senior Developer
- Minimum three years experience developing commercial projects/web applications in PHP 5/7,
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Zend 2, Symfony 4, Laravel (noting one client is gradually
- removing Expression Engine, and also, WordPress)
- Experience working with payment gateways like Worldpay / PayPal
- Experience with automation unit and functional tests
- Experience using project management tools such as JIRA, Trello
- Ways of working
- Comfortable working on existing codebases, refactoring where necessary, code reviews and projects
- architecture improvement
- Work in an Agile environment, in small teams or solo
- Good understanding of git version control system
- Good understanding of SOAP, REST API and web service integrations
- Understanding of the entire software development life cycle
- Requirements and project specs analysis and estimations
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Client focus
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- LAMP / LEMP stack
- Zend 3
- SASS / SCSS
- XML / JSON
- Google OAuth
- GA API
- Paypal API
- 3D Secure Payments
- Linux shell
About Net Efficiency
We are open source developers that help our clients simplify their clients’ customer journeys. Our mission is to make the world a simpler place.
Based in Islington, London, we have operated on a remote-working basis since our foundation over 20 years ago. In 2015, the founder passed 70% of his shares into an Employee Owned Trust - giving all employees an
indirect stake in the business in perpetuity. Today, we are a 10 person, £1m turnover business and we all have a share in the company, today, this year and in its future.
We believe that organisational structures do not always map on to the needs of the customer. Using modern technologies we release data into websites and web applications, building a great user experience with customer-centric design and a light touch code base. This makes the task as quick and easy as possible - for the user, for the organisation and for the infrastructure.
We pride ourselves in having enough knowledge of open source CMSs (such as Drupal and Typo3) to know when they are good and when they hit their limits. We complement that core by using other technology
approaches under the PHP umbrella - such as Laravel or Symfony - to seamlessly blend the specific to the general.
We take a lean and agile approach, working in partnership with clients, using shared workspaces (eg Google), communications channels (eg Slack) and collaborative boards such as Trello or Miro. For clients who require a
higher level of organisation we use Jira to encourage both collaboration and transparency.
In summary, we work with our clients (not for them) and in a way that accelerates results because the focus is
on the customer.