Lead Network and Security Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Network and Security Engineer to join our in-house IT dept that support our games development studio of more than 600 employees based in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this role, the successful candidate will lead a dynamic and agile team as they maintain, secure, guide, and enhance all our network and security infrastructure. You will need to have a passion for technology, have strong all-round communication and leadership skills, and personify the duality of being a team player and self-starter. You will always be looking for ways to not only improve your own workflows, but those of our development team in the wider studio too.
As Lead Network and Security Engineer, you will work within the IT team and closely with the whole company. Utilising your excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be involved in delivering and administrating the key infrastructure that runs the studio. You will be expected to project manage to achieve your goals; this will require an amount of independence as well as working within a team.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Lead the network and security team; support their ongoing learning and development
- Understand and maintain the focus of our projects and triage the challenges presented to us by a busy studio
- Deploy, maintain, optimise, and troubleshoot network and security systems Monitor infrastructure health, identifying threats and addressing them Identifying areas for improvement within the infrastructure and developing strategy and governance
- Work closely with senior management to build the networking and security budget and implement the networking and security budget.
- Perform security reviews of software, services, companies, and tools, both in-house and 3rd party
- Work with newer and innovative technologies
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in developing and leading teams
- Good track record of operating as a Network Engineer in an SME
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to comfortably present to the team and wider business
- High level of professional experience with enterprise grade Cisco switches Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network topologies
- Extensive professional experience with Palo Alto application layer firewalls Experience with network and security monitoring platforms
- Project management utilising Jira
- Account management, service contracts management
- Out-of-hours work when critical systems are down or degraded
- Understanding of internal storage and server architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of the games development industry
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.