Senior Website Editor
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Website Editor to engage and delight our audience with intriguing content across our multi award-winning Total War franchise.
The Senior Website Editor’s mission is to create and execute a content strategy across the Total War websites, in-game launcher and CRM output.
Not just exclusive game-related and promotional content (though there will be plenty of that to choose from), you will make TotalWar.com a destination for thinking gamers from across our existing and potential audience. Highlighting, authoring and commissioning articles and content from across gaming, history, tabletop, books, TV and film. Whatever you think is the right mix to entertain and inform.
A mix of strategic thinker and practical executor, you will work with a team that has considerable tools and resources at its disposal, leading a creative strategy with considerable autonomy and flexibility to achieve your goals.
The right person for this role will have a keen eye on ‘what good looks like’ and will constantly be striving to innovate in the digital space. You will seek out new ideas and educate the team around you on how these can be implemented across our franchise.
You will have proven leadership experience and will know how to work with multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
This role sits within the wider Community Management team who you will be working with closely each day, alongside Brand Managers, Content Producers and a wide array of the development teams.
Strengths in writing, editing, scheduling and knowledge of web content across a broad spectrum will round out a personable and practical candidate.
The Senior Website Editor will be responsible for taking editorial ownership over the web presence for the entire Total War franchise.
This will mean creating and executing on a results-driven strategic vision in combination with the Community Content Editor and agreed upon by all key stakeholders.
You will be the product owner for our web estate. Interfacing with live services production teams to ensure tools and functionality are in place to deliver your schedule and take advantage of new tech and trends. Working with Brand Managers to leverage individual title strategies and contributing to global marketing plans for all upcoming Total War titles.
You will be creating and commissioning content for multiple projects often at the same time and will be ultimately responsible for delivering against those projects whilst exploring new ways to engage and excite our audience.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Outstanding written English
- Proven strategic planning and execution for a website
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative when needed
- Start-up, journalistic mentality with a strong instinct for sourcing, commissioning and evaluating content opportunities.
- Results-driven with a desire for continuous improvement
- Leadership Experience
- Experience of web analytics
- Experience working in copywriting preferred
- Previous experience within a large games developer or publisher preferred
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now. Please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.