This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected Games Development Studio as a Buildings Assistant based in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this position, the Buildings Assistant will work alongside the existing Buildings Assistant reporting to the Buildings Manager and be responsible for helping to manage and maintain all aspects of buildings, facilities, utilities and Health & Safety. This includes performing preventative building repairs and maintenance checks, as well as assisting in managing any outsourced third-party facilities management service providers brought in under contract for all Creative Assembly sites in Horsham.
Weekend work may be required regularly during busy periods.
As the Buildings Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy studio environment alongside the other Studio Support team members. This includes the upkeep of the studio, helping to organise building maintenance as and when required, assisting in managing key dates and 3rd party contact details and contracts. Importantly, you will be one of the first ports of call either face to face or via our office ticket system for the studio for facilities, building and utility issues, security and access maintenance and out of hours callout contact. This may involve responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise which may involve personally rectifying them until a third-party contractor can attend site.
As the Buildings Assistant, you will be rectifying and/ or reporting the breakdown of equipment or services ensuring that any in-house fixes have been put into place where possible and assist with furniture/equipment removals and assembly. You will support delivering H&S inductions and as well as the upkeep for the Fire Warden and First Aider logs and work with the team to ensure building signage is up to date. Assisting the rest of the Studio Support team will also be required regularly.
You will be asked to help oversee the quality control of the work agreed by contractors and ensure it has been completed satisfactorily with any shortcomings followed up. You will also be assisting with build projects from design to install.
This role, although broadly hands-on, will require excellent admin skills for tasks such as acquiring quotes, completing health & safety documentation and ensuring vendor POs are raised with the assistance of the Finance team as well as any ad-hoc work asked of you by the Buildings Manager or other members of the Studio Support Team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic and willing to travel between multiple studio sites on a daily basis (Horsham and Burgess Hill)
- Friendly demeanor and customer service-related skills
- Must work well within a team
- Proficient using MS Office
- Experience with admin-based work
- Experience with manual handling, some heavy lifting may be required at times
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Experience with building fit-outs or moves
- Practical, hands-on experience and basic knowledge of building maintenance
- Experience of working in multi-site locations
- CAD trained
- M&E knowledge
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications
- Experience reading schematics
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work-life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now. Please mention that you found this role on the Wired Sussex jobsite.