CREATIVE ASSEMBLY’S AWARD-WINNING TEAM BEHIND ALIEN: ISOLATION ARE EXPLORING NEW FRONTIERS WITH A BRAND-NEW AND EXCITING FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Development Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day process of coordinating a cross-discipline pipeline, and the daily needs of the technical teams. You will pro-actively identify breakpoints or shortcomings, and in collaboration with your manager, define and deploy strategies to address them.
As a Development Manager on the project, you will run the scrum meetings of several teams and focus them on the key priorities while tracking their progress toward our goals and actively participate in managing the development team schedule and meeting milestones.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Help ensure tech and decision pipelines are freed up and help the teams you are supervising to plan each sprint while keeping the team positive and motivated
- Communicate all relevant changes with key members of the team and adapt the schedule
- Develop and foster positive relationships within the team and other relevant third parties including internal relationships with SEGA
Interpret the schedule and communicate with the leadership team when a more flexible, agile approach is required to meet objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of delivering AAA games with 1 to 2 shipped titles; ideally, a least one of which had a Live Operations service
- Able to identify and assess risks and strategize to mitigate
- A skilled and thorough planner - scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation
- Up-to-date knowledge and a keen interest in methodologies
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- Adaptability – able to evolve and adjust plans to the current best knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills, aware of potential and current issues and formulate pragmatic plans to solve them
- Finding better and more efficient ways of working, our people are our most valuable asset; support them to be successful and work to make the team perform cohesively
- Great judgement, consistently taking into consideration the priorities set by the project directors
Experience working with technical teams and outsourcing.
Advanced skills with software such as PowerBi, Excel, JIRA and Hansoft
Previous experience working with one or more of the following:
- Build delivery
- SharePoint and Office macros
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.