Creative Assembly are looking for a Data Integration Engineer to join our CA Live Services Team based at our studio in the heart of West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team and have an impact on a wide range of projects within the studio.
In this exciting role, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing software through design and implementation to system testing, integration, and deployment. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
In the role of Data Integration Engineer, playing a key role in providing business critical online games service.
In this role you will be instrumental of the integration process of our online services On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Collecting requirements from our game teams
- Advise developers on technical implementation
- Convert developer requirements into fully documented technical designs
- Implement approved designs
- Provide alternative solutions to gameplay problems
- Design & implement tools to improve development speed, reliability
- You will also work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the game, brand and web teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience with a high-level programming language (Python, C/C++/C#, LUA etc)
- Strong engineering principles and a methodical approach to problem solving and software development
- Expertise with automation, CI pipelines
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Strong understanding of version control systems and workflows, commercial experience in at least 1 distributed VCS (git/perforce/mercurial etc)
- First-hand experience at working in memory-constrained and performance-sensitive systems
- Experience working with online services and APIs
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- UX / UI design experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of HTTP and Restful APIs
- Development experience and passion for online video games
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a similar discipline
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Avid gamer
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.