Back End Software Development Engineer in Test
This is an excellent opportunity for a Back End Software Development Engineer in Test to join the CA team. In this role you will be a part of our Live Services team, responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services. You will be learning from our senior SDETs to help to ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test automation activities across our online services. You will be key in developing frameworks, tests and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling.
You will be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
Additionally, you will be expected to have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a Service-Oriented Architecture environment. You will be key in testing feature implementations and integration to help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base on multiple live titles.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Passionate about quality of the product
- Hands-on experience with test frameworks such as Pytest, Behave, Robot, Protractor, Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, JUnit, TestNG, RSpec, etc.
- Exposure to tools like Postman, Fiddler, etc.
- Strong in writing test cases and end-to-end test scenarios against product requirements
- Strong in analysing the root cause of bugs
- Experience with test management tools e.g. TestRail, Zephyr
- Experience with project management tools e.g. Jira
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Experience with Git
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes
- Awareness of software engineering best practices
- Logical thinker with forward-thinking ability
- Experience of Agile practices
- Experience of building CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience working with high-volume systems
- Experience of gaming industry
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.