Creative Assembly are looking for a QA Lead to join our Total War Team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team and have an impact on a wide range of projects within the studio.
In this role, you will be responsible for organising a small team whose primary purpose is to find and enter issues into the project database specialising in audio. With a focus on assisting the Senior QA Lead you will help with the day to day task running, mentoring and organisation of a small number of our QA staff. Working with our talented development and QA teams you will help ensure the overall audio quality of titles within the award-winning Total War series.
You will have a passion for audio development, preferably with related experience or degree in an audio field and experience using audio middleware tools such as Wwise.
As a QA Lead, the primary functions of the role are to enable the finding, grading, and reporting of defects completely and concisely, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a QA Lead, you will achieve this through effective management of a group of testers who specialise in audio.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Be responsible for recording test results and task progress daily, including completion info status, in the requested formats as well as verification and regression of defects that have been fixed
- Acquire in depth knowledge of core audio features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy for yourself and the team
- Adapt to different titles and requirements, working with staff across multiple projects in development
- Mentor and develop your team of testers as well as working closely with the Senior QA Lead to assist in the running of the team in their absence.
- Communicate clear and concise defects with the correct classification and reporting on key issues and project progress to key stakeholders
- Drive the completion of tasks for you and your team under the direction of the Senior QA Lead and QA Manager
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio
- Experience using audio middleware software such as Wwise
- Ability to follow set process and implement this among the team
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- A desire to lead, mentor and develop staff in a fast-paced agile working environment
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant audio related field that can be applied to Games Development
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio
- Previous experience in an audio related field
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex website.