Are you a B2B SaaS marketing leader with proven experience of driving growth into the US? We’re looking for someone exceptional to hit the ground running, deliver and build on our strategy while our Head of Marketing is on maternity leave.
Elucidat is officially one of the UK’s Best Workplaces - we ranked in the top 25 of small businesses and the best in Brighton in 2020. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You’ll be supporting us at an exciting stage of growth following our first round of investment last year.
What we do
We’re a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce - super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day.
As our marketing leader, you’ll be responsible for driving growth in our target markets. And together with sales, achieving our pipeline targets. You’ll report to the CEO and will be an active part of the leadership team.
- Leadership and line management of a four person marketing team. Ensuring the team is happy, productive and delivering results. Supporting the team’s professional growth through coaching and mentoring.
- Forecasting hiring needs and recruiting to meet these.
- Working with the leadership team to define company level strategic objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Delivering on and developing the marketing strategy. Aligning with Elucidat’s strategic objectives to hit new business and expansion pipeline targets.
- Tracking and reporting on the success of marketing strategies against KPIs. Contributing to the board report and attending board meetings if required.
- Managing the marketing budget and ensuring return on investment
- Ensuring that our brand and tone of voice are being used consistently across the business
- Maintaining excellent alignment with sales, customer success and product teams
- Stay up to date with best practices in B2B SaaS marketing and act as a champion for these across the business
Measure of success
- Increased brand awareness, particularly in the US market
- Hitting lead generation targets
- Successfully implementing a repeatable, scalable ABM strategy that delivers pipeline
- Achieving inbound pipeline targets agreed in the financial model (joint with Sales)
- Expansion pipeline targets (joint with Sales)
- Recruiting and developing a happy and successful team (based on 360 reviews, 15Fives and retention)
Proven experience leading marketing in B2B SaaS businesses:
- With deal sizes between £10K and £200K
- Growing to £10M in Annual Recurring Revenue
- With significant growth in the US off the back of your marketing campaigns
- Leadership and influencing - the ability to inspire, motivate and persuade others across the organisation
- Communication - excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate ideas clearly and sensitively
- Marketing knowledge - up to date with best practices in marketing for B2B SaaS, particularly inbound,, SEO and analytics
- Global marketing strategy, particularly US - an intimate understanding of the different approaches required when marketing in the US compared to other territories.
- Account based marketing (ABM) - success in running ABM campaigns to both Europe and the US territories
- Partner and referral marketing campaigns - working with partners and existing customers to generate new logos
- Community building - building an engaged community around a particular B2B topic area
- Leveraging technology - comfortable and adaptable to using sales and marketing software, including CRM (Salesforce), marketing automation (Hubspot), CMSs (Wordpress) and other digital marketing tools
- Analyzing and making data-led decisions - confident in producing reports and drawing meaning and insights from data in order to optimise and drive improvements
- Project and campaign management - able to successfully manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and deliver them on time, to budget and to achieve results
- Strategic thinking - able to focus on the long term vision and strategic goals, whilst delivering on short term projects.
This is advertised as a full-time position but we’d consider flexible or part-time working.
Flexible - but we’d like you to be able to work at least a day a week in our Brighton office.
As close to 2nd November 2020 as possible
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow - from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time - learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bringing together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts to our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.