Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- ISMS.online (Alliantist)
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
Hyper-growth global information security SaaS business – turning trust into certainty
We’re looking for two experienced back-end developers to join our fast growing, entrepreneurial business, operating in one of the most exciting SaaS markets. The opportunity for growth is significant and we’re looking for people who can help us take ISMS.online to the next level.
You will join a team of 6 developers and will be responsible for developing our main application and its supporting services.
This is an exciting time for the ISMS.online platform as the business continues to scale and grow. As part of this role you will be contributing to scaling up the platform for future growth, including moving towards a more service oriented architecture.
To complement our existing team we are looking for the following additional skills and experience to be covered by both positions:
- Infrastructure administration using kubernetes and AWS
In this role you would be working with the CTO and reporting to the Head of Products & Services.
Our application uses Ruby on Rails and runs on kubernetes in AWS. We have strong test coverage and code standards.
Applicants must have UK Residency
Main technologies we use
- Ruby on Rails
- Kubernetes and docker
Your skills and experience For both positionsMust have
- Substantial commercial experience building web applications
- Competence in Ruby on Rails and strong skills in Ruby and Object Orientated design
- Real world experience structuring applications using established design patterns
- Appreciation of functional programming concepts
- Experience of testing a Rails application from low to high level
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience of Git
Nice to have
- Familiarity with ISO 27001
- Experience of
- NoSQL structured storage
- SAML SSO and or SCIM
With infrastructure administration skillsMust have
- Knowledge and experience of Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge and experience of common AWS services: S3, EC2, EKS, RDS, etc.
- Experience of the Unix shell
Nice to have
- Experience with infrastructure as code, especially Terraform
- Experience with Helm
- AWS Lambda
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Awareness and consideration of security concerns and principles
With front end development skillsMust have
- Knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience writing structured JS code
Nice to have
- Experience with modern JS frameworks
- Experience with ‘type-safe’ JS (e.g. TypeScript)
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript
Benefits of working for ISMS.online
- Attractive base salary based on experience (full time)
- Bonus based on individual and organisation performance
- Company pension contributions
- Opportunity to get share options in future
- 28 days holiday, increasing up to 34 over time
- Cycle to work scheme applicability
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite parking
- Office beverages and socials
- Casual dress
We love helping organisations solve the tricky challenges that affect their success.
Why do we do that?
Our customers do things that make the world a better place. Our services free them up to concentrate on doing more of what they do well.
What do we do?
We build and deliver secure cloud software with knowledge based services wrapped inside and alongside
How do we do that?
We package experience and effective ways of working with easy to use and affordable technology solutions. That delivers scalable, repeatable & sustainable results at a fraction of the cost, time and risk of alternatives.
ISMS.online offers the most practical, affordable path to ISMS certainty, with everything our customers need all in one place. We’ve already helped organisations in the UK, Europe, the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and elsewhere achieve their information security and continuity goals. Now we’re growing fast to reach new customers across the world.
We serve many different kinds of organisation. But whether they’re an SME or a multinational, a charity or a government body, they all have two goals in common. They want to:
- Make their organisation safer, more resilient and more successful
- Prove they’ve done that to their customers and other key stakeholders
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year