- Emerald Works
- £30,000 - £40,000
- eLearning, Usability, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
Are you a UX Designer looking for a new challenge? Do you have a range of skills across UX design and user research?
Who Are Emerald Works:
Emerald Works is a leading e-learning solutions provider for individuals and corporate clients. Our mission is to be the favourite place to learn leadership and personal excellence skills. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help people get their job done more effectively.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works.
The Role & Team:
This role joins our Product team at Emerald Works, based out of Horsham, where you’ll be working on one of our flagship products Mind Tools, a web-based platform that provides content on leadership, management and personal effectiveness skills to over 24 million people each year. As a UX generalist, you will plan and conduct user research, create interface and interaction designs, wireframes and prototypes. You’ll take an evidence-led approach to design new features for the product and enhance existing ones.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll join a cross-disciplinary team with an emphasis on collaborative working. You will be the voice of the user and an advocate for UX within the team and across Emerald Works. You’ll work closely with other members of the UX team to exchange ideas, best-practice and insights.
- Gain a deep understanding of our users’ needs and goals and effectively communicate these to cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Plan and carry out a range of UX research activities including user and usability testing, user workshops and interviews
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback from research to discover insights
- Share your findings and insights with the team and with internal stakeholders
- Create user stories, flows, wireframes, prototypes and other UX deliverables to support product development
- Use an evidence-led approach to develop and iterate product designs
- Regularly attend and contribute to stand-ups, retrospectives and other team meetings
Who We’re looking For:
- Expertise in standard UX software (we use Figma)
- Ability to deliver evidence-based recommendations
- Expertise in Wireframing and prototyping
- Expertise in UX research methods
- Ability to plan and run workshops with users and stakeholders
- Expertise in the application of usability and accessibility standards
- Ability to extract detailed UX requirements from users and stakeholders and translate them into product designs
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in digital product development and the ability to translate this into actionable and commercially relevant recommendations
- Experience of interface design, website design
- Experience of working on both B2B and B2C products
- Experience of working in an agile environment
**Please apply ASAP as the advert may close and interviews commence before the closing date**
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.