- Pala Eyewear
- Brighton and Hove
- £18k-£19k p/a pro-rata. Part-time (3 days p/w)
- eCommerce, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Pala Eyewear is an award-winning sustainable sunglasses brand based in Brighton, UK. As an independent brand driven by purpose, our mission is to produce high quality, long-lasting eyewear making a commitment to minimise our impact on the planet and maximise our positive social impact on people.
As we enter our next phase of growth as a brand, we are seeking a committed and motivated freelance Marketing Manager to help deliver our marketing and content strategy across the UK and International markets. An exciting opportunity for a role that allows breadth, with potential for growth
About the role
We are a small (and we like to think perfectly formed!) team here at Pala working in a friendly, close-knit environment and therefore looking for someone with a personable approach, multi-faceted skillset who will bring enthusiasm, confidence and passion to the role. You will need to be a self-starter, someone who thinks, suggests and actions rather than always asks. We have a high quality product and a great sustainable story behind it, giving you the ideal brand to work your 'marketing magic' on.
This role is for three days (24 hours) per week. This is a role that allows for flexible working (remote working), however you will be required to attend the shared workspace we work from for some essential meetings.
- Provide the marketing strategy and manage the marketing budget for Pala. Maximise our spend across owned and partner channels. Strengthen relationships with existing partners and explore new collaborations to work with. Identify online and offline opportunities across our different local markets and take a bold approach to innovative ideas.
- PR management. Research, connect and work with the best journalists in sustainable fashion and ethical business in order to grow our potential reach through printed and online media coverage.
- Scheduling of our social posts, providing the content for those posts and maintaining a consistent brand tone of voice. It will also be incumbent on you to authentically grow our following through these channels
- Source, curate and schedule content for our newsletter. Ensuring the data is clean and valid. Using Typeform to garner feedback and insight from our audience to feed into future strategy.
- Influencer and brand ambassador relationship management - Strengthening our existing relationships as well as identifying new opportunities across our different markets. Managing all product launches, events and sales.
- Visual output - Manage brand’s visual assets and create graphics as needed using the existing brand guidelines.
- A passion for sustainable and ethical fashion
- Proven experience in Social Media Management
- Good understanding of traditional PR and influencer marketing
- Skilled in copy-editing and/or creative writing
- Approachable, can-do attitude!
- Proven experience of working with positive impact brands
- Art direction and experience of styling and managing photoshoots
- Copy-editing and/or creative writing
- Understanding of graphic design, UX and website management
- As a team we like to meet together on a regular basis and therefore the ability to travel to Brighton or be within commuting distance is desirable.
An initial onboarding period will be provided alongside the incumbent Marketing Manager.
Pala takes pride in our values We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you believe you have the requisite skillset, a passion for sustainability and you connect with our business values then we would love to hear from you!
Please note: the deadline for applications is the 23rd September with initial interviews taking place w/c 28th September.