Liquid Light is looking for a talented CMS Developer to help maintain and update our existing CMS stack while also getting the opportunity to work on new projects.
We’re looking for someone to help shape the back-end part of our web team while complimenting the existing front-end team. Not only will you support our account and project managers with incoming work, but you will also be able to consult on the structure and direction for new projects and technologies.
- Push forward the development of our CMS platform
- Consult and recommend on project structure
- Work with designers and account managers to help debug or explain issues in plain language
- Work with our development team and technical director in building amazing websites and ensuring our processes and standards are up-to-date
- Backend experience in at least one open source PHP based CMS such as Drupal, Joomla, TYPO3, Wordpress etc.
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Understanding of version control
- Command-line experience (server admin skills would be a bonus)
- Great communicator
We’re a highly creative and professional team - with exacting standards and a well-earned reputation for producing award-winning work for a diverse and international client base.
Our portfolio is made up of a healthy mix of world-class commercial clients as well as a broad range of Not for Profit and NGO organisations.
- Christmas office shut down on top of your regular holiday entitlement
- Generous profit share
- Flexible working hours with remote working on a weekly basis
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Engaging projects for an enviable selection of international clients
- A talented team of designers, developers, and strategists to collaborate and share ideas with
- A relaxed, bright, studio in the heart of Brighton North Laine
- Regular show and tells and skill swaps, and the occasional hack day
- Tickets to conferences and an annual training budget
- Time off for working with charities/volunteering
Please note: Due to the ongoing pandemic, Liquid Light are currently operating fully remotely. However, once we have deemed it safe to do so, we will be looking for staff to come back into the office for a few days a week. The office is open and available to those who do not wish to work from home or do not have the facilities to do so.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
In the first instance, please apply for this job using the form provided. We'd appreciate a covering letter giving us some insight into who you are, what makes you tick and what inspires you. Please include your CV and, if possible, links to examples of websites you were involved with (indicating your involvement) and any other links you feel are relevant.
We look forward to hearing from you - Good luck!
Please no agencies or recruiters - do not waste time phoning, you will only be turned away.