Senior Gameplay Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for an exceptionally talented senior gameplay animator, who can create stunning animation for human and non-human characters.
This is an exciting opportunity to push your imagination and ability, whilst bringing your experience and skills complement our team.
What you will do:
- Focus on creating top quality gameplay animation, whether it's hand key animation or getting creative with motion capture.
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, and artists to deliver content that fits the vision and constraints.
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug gameplay animations.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with humans and non-human characters.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience creating gameplay animation for either player characters or NPC's.
- Experience with creating hand key animation and working with motion capture for gameplay features.
- 1 Shipped AAA game.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- A good understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Open to receive and apply critique on your work.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Have exceptional communication skills and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, apply now and please mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.