What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to help create 3D environments that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create a fulfilling 3D space, working closely with Design to ensure both game metrics and architecture mesh together. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent to establish Hangar 13’s newest team location.
What You Will Do:
- Work in close collaboration with Designers and Modelers as a team to create 3D environments
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels
- Own final art quality of levels
- Collaborate with gameplay designers to create a believable space
- Optimize final levels/environments for performance
- Work with Art Director and Environment Lead to ensure artistic unity across the game
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 5 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art or level architecture
- At least 1 shipped title, experience with AAA open world titles preferred
- Ability to mentor and potentially lead other artists in the development of their skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop
- Recent use of industry standard game editors
- Ability to inspire and bring out talent in others
- Attention to detail
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.